Saturday, August 17, 2013

summer according to my iphone

I'm still trying to figure out the beginning and ending points of summer since now school isn't in the picture. In terms of weather, summer is still here, but Libby is off to school next week and Kelsey the next, so in a way "summer" in school terms is ending...so I guess it's an appropriate time for a blog post reflecting on summer 2013.

My summer highlights include: my work's softball team (we played Thursday nights at Elings Park -- so. much. fun), family vacays to Washington and Lake Arrowhead, and beginning to play soccer Sunday nights on the Westside. 

Here are some pics to document!

post-running with the padre.

Trip to Washington! Perfect way to begin? BERRIES GALORE. We were in heaven with all those delicious raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. 

Visiting with Grandma -- Dad even wore an apron. It was very cute.
Aaron's wedding! Here the cousins are -- just missing Kels. The wedding was BEAUTIFUL. One of the highlights was the long days of sunlight ..sun doesn't go down until like 9:30! The wedding was in a beautiful chapel and the reception was outside and there were lawn games, delicious BBQ dinner and lawn games, and pie too!
It was a highlight to be with my dad's family and I treasured time with my uncles, aunts, grandmas, cousins, and cousin's baby! 



Stephie is getting married! My cousin is getting married in October and we had a fun time going down to Orange County one weekend to help in celebrating the soon-to-be Mrs. Mertz!
And my other cousins, Andrea and Scott, are home from Cambodia, with their adorable son Zachary in tow! He's pretty fun to hang out with
Lake Arrowhead: we celebrated Grandpa's birthday in style with a week in the mountains. I'm so thankful for good vacation benefits and was able to take the whole week off. We enjoyed swimming, jacuzzi time, reading, sleeping in, good food (too much of it!), and just being together. And, I didn't wear make-up for a whole week! That's definitely a highlight on my list :)






And Kelsey came home. The Baker girls are back together again. I guess I'm the only one who's excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment